5.0 Stars - 670 Reviews

General Legal Services Birmingham

Blackfriars Law offer a wide variety of general legal services in Birmingham. We provide a walk-in service and can help you get to the bottom of any legal matters quickly and conveniently. You can also arrange a consultation with one of our solicitors at a time and date to suit your needs.

Whether you need help with loan agreements, occupiers’ consent, transfer of property, contract advice, disputes or anything else, call us for sound legal advice.

Loan Agreements

It’s essential that loan agreements are drafted and reviewed by legal experts.

We have expert lawyers that specialise in financial legal matters who can assist with all issues relating to loan agreements.

Our financial team can assist with:

Occupiers' Consent

If an adult who is not the legal owner lives in your property, then you may require Occupiers’ Consent if you wish to take out a mortgage on the property. A lender will usually insist on this agreement being in place before funds are released.

An Occupiers’ Consent Form safeguards the lender from the occupier claiming a legal interest in the property if you don’t keep up with your mortgage repayments. It gives the lender assurance that if they ever needed to repossess the home, it can be taken by them with vacant possession.

Certain factors, such as the length of time the person has resided at your home, their relationship to you, financial contributions to living costs and so on could mean that they could claim a legal interest in the property, even though they are not named on the deeds. This could be a relative or a cohabiting partner, for example.

Transferring Property Ownership

If you intend to transfer your property ownership to someone else, we can help you through the legal process.

Whether you need to transfer ownership to another party (with or without a mortgage), transfer equity or you wish to gift your property to your children before you die, we can help. Call us for expert property legal advice.

FAQs About Our General Legal Services in Birmingham

There are many instances where a person who is not the legal owner can claim a legal right over the property. For example, if you lived with a partner and they contributed to the mortgage and bills, they could claim an interest in the property if the relationship breaks down. If someone resides in a property or maintains land that they do not own for over 10 years, then they could claim adverse possession.

You can gift your home to someone else. As long as the gift was declared 7 years or more before your death, the property will not be considered part of your estate and the beneficiary won’t be liable for inheritance tax on the property. However, if you remain a resident at the property, then the 7 year rule doesn’t apply and the property will be included in your estate when you pass away.

Independent Legal Advice

If you are about to enter a legal agreement or complete a transaction, we can aid you with professional Independent Legal Advice (ILA).

What Is Independent Legal Advice?

When making a transaction, forming an agreement or drafting a contract, an independent solicitor that is not connected to the transaction must be consulted. They must complete a certificate of Independent Legal Advice.

Appointing ILA protects both parties. Without it, it can be hard to enforce any part of the agreement if required in the future.

ID1 Forms

ID1 forms must be completed by private individuals when making land or property transactions that are lodged with the Land Registry.

The purpose of this form is to verify your identification and mitigate against identity fraud. ID2 forms must be completed by corporate bodies.

We can certify ID1 and ID2 forms to ensure you have a smooth transaction. Get in touch for more information.

Auction Legal Pack Review Service

If you’re considering buying a property at auction, it’s essential that you are fully aware of the contract you’re about to enter into. Unlike standard conveyancing, you are contractually bound to complete the purchase if you place the winning bid at auction.

As a result, it’s very important to ensure you are aware of any risks associated with the sale and the terms of the contract. We provide a pre-auction pack legal review service, so you’re fully informed before you commit to bidding on a property.

This includes a thorough assessment and analysation of the following:

Change Of Name Deed

Whether you want to legally revert to your maiden name, change your own name or your child’s name, we can help.

A Change of Name Deed is necessary to make the new name legal. It will also form as proof and formal documentation should you ever need to prove your identity in the future.

Swearing Oaths & Statuary Declarations

As Commissioners For Oaths, we can assist with the administering of oaths, affidavits and statutory declarations.

We offer a fixed fee service. For more information, please contact us.

Get In Touch Today

Call Now For General Legal Services in Birmingham

If you need help navigating any aspect of the law, call us for professional legal services in Birmingham.

Quick Links

Our Services

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website: Find out more.